Dec 5, 2010

Raise

Raise @ Slow Bar

"Hesitate and you lose your chance at divinity."  I was smoking under an awning  on Grand Ave. and this guy, Raise, ambled up and asked me for a cigarette.  I liked his style and wanted to take his picture, but he was wearing a pin on his lapel that said "Kill Hippies".  I gave him a smoke, but hesitated on asking him to participate in my project,  thinking he wouldn't be interested because tarot is hippie shit,  He walked a little ways down the street and sat down at an outdoor patio and lit up.  Since he seemed to be chilling out waiting for someone,  I decided to try to rally hin  At first, he was trepidatious about the whole deal,  but I told him that the main reason I wanted to take his portrait was because of his cool Kangol hat and the Kill Hippies pin.  He was flattered I guess, so we chilled out and had a decent conversation until the phone call he was waiting on hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment