Dec 21, 2010

Texans

 Lauren & Andrew @ Jolly Roger

When Lauren and Andrew told me they were Texas natives, I thought they would have to be from Austin.  Nope, they were from Dallas.  When I think of Texans, I think of good old boys who'll shake me down at Subway if I don't order American cheese.  These two were way cool, so I guess Texas has a silver-lining.  I met Lauren and Andrew  at the Jolly Roger where they were watching their Cowboys play the New Orleans Saints.  I jokingly asked if they had it in extra hard for The Saints because of all the Katrina evacuees who made a permanent home in Dallas after the levees broke.  What they have a moral compass too?  It was like an alternate universe!  These two almost made me a Dallas fan, but when New Orleans eked out a win  I was glad for them.  Sports are probably the only bright spot the Gulf has right now      

No comments:

Post a Comment