Dec 20, 2010

Anarchist Child Care

Orin @ The Water Heater

These kids today with their Pokemon and their Magic Cards and their pet rats.  They're so hyper!  These two were just bouncing off the walls, moving, moving moving... it's amazing they stood still for a photo at all.  I talked to Orin at the children's area at an Anarchist Book Fair.  The place was thrashed:  Crayons, paper and cards all scattered about; the rat peeing uncomfortably close to a half-eaten hot dog.   After a prolonged series of distractions, the kids finally posed for a photo.  I like Orin's style, but was kinda taken aback when he demanded to see the picture I had just shot. I explained that I don't use a digital camera, but film that'd have to be developed before he could see it.  He didn't buy it and refused to give the cards back until he could see his picture.  His chaperones tried to reason with him, but he would not release the hostages.  A deal was brokered when I offered him a slip of paper with my blog address on it, pinky swore that it was legit, and swapped him the info for the captive cards.  He was tempered, but stern:  "If this is a website that hurts my mom and dad's computer... you will REGRET the day you asked me to pick tarot cards!" he chided as he clomped away back to his friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment