Dec 11, 2010

Buddha Eyes

 Aimee Amparo @ Hawthorne Tiny's

 This encounter is all the proof I need to know the Tarot is magik.  I first noticed Aimee as she was singing a quiet song and playing her ukelele in the corner of Tiny's outdoor patio.  I was transfixed by her sound and captivated by her knapsack, which had Buddha eyes painted on it.  I complimented her voice and we started chatting.   Suddenly her eyes brightened as she noticed the book I had been reading:  The Way of the Tarot by Alejandro Jodorowsky.  She reached into her Thangka embued knapsack and pulled out the exact same book!  This led to a diamond-studded conversation, an amazing dialogue that spanned Jodorowsky's radical films, art, music, alchemy, magikal New Orleans, and, of course, the multifaceted symbols and structures of Tarot.  For me, it was one of those conversations where time slips and a complete presence with the other person supersedes the distractions of internal/external chatter.   This photo is the trace of this wonderful synchronicity.  She told me that our encounter was my project telling me that I'm on the right track.  I take that to heart, thanks Aimee!

No comments:

Post a Comment