Dec 14, 2010

Lo-Fi

Wilson @ Common Grounds

Two of Wilson's cards focus on intellectual pursuits, the other was the Queen of Cups, so innocent and fair and ripe with feeling.  As I was interpreting the symbols, he mentioned that he is a student and is currently writing his thesis on Nabokov's Lolita.  Now I've never read Lolita myself, but I hear it's pretty dishy.  I found it funny that the cards project the theme like a little snapshot of his thought process.  It also reminds us not to lose track of emotional intuition during an intense phase of highly analytical work.  

That said, my preparedness was a mess this day.  As I took my camera out to photograph Wilson, I found that the back of my Holga had popped off in transport, possibly overexposing the film and destroying all the pictures I had taken over the weekend.  Fuck.  I also realized I had misplaced my flashbulb.  Fuck.  I took the picture anyway using long exposure, but was prepared for a letdown.  Thankfully, I only lost one picture due to the handy paperbacking on 120mm film and found my flash later that night.  Hassles make good lessons, but embarrassing situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment