Dec 2, 2010

Humble Beginnings


                                     Jen Woodall @ Mississippi Studios

Jen plays bass clarinet for the Portland band, Alameda.  After being introduced by a mutual friend, she agreed to be the first participant in my photo experiment.  It was a rocky start:  I didn't have a clue how to read tarot cards and I had very little experience shooting with a Holga camera.  That became pretty obvious when I took her photo with the lens cap on!  She was cool though.  We reshot the picture and had fun interpreting the cards using a handy little book that was packaged with the deck.  According to this outdated tract, the card in the middle (ace of cups) means to "partake in gastronomical delights".  She told me she had eaten a huge meal that evening, so the cards must be true!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment