Dec 12, 2010

Pastor Ken

                                        Ken Biornstad @ 28th & SE Ash St.

Ken is an old friend of mine from Eldorado Springs, CO.  He is one of the most down to earth people I've ever known, but when he moved to the Oregon coast a few years back I lost touch with him.  Until now.  I was hanging out outside my work one afternoon and I was surprised to see Ken come walking down the street.  Ken told me that he is currently a pastor at a small church in Waldport, OR, but is abdicating his position because of the "very different views" between himself and the congregation.   This doesn't surprise me because Ken does not preach conservatism in the slightest.  He is about love, spiritual growth, caring for others, and preserving the natural environment.

Ken chose to present his cards in front of these blue bricks as though it were a mugshot.  His perspective brought to mind the question of free will vs. fate.   I doubt Ken would deny the potential for an individual to take action in their own life, but as a man of the cloth, he believes all actions are dictated by God.  To hold up the cards as a prisoner begs the question:  Who's running the show?  Do we write the narrative of our own lives or are we simply prisoners of an omnipresent ultra-consciousness?   Regardless of opinion, no one can deny that the world moves in mysterious ways.   It was good to run into you, Ken.  Godspeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment